24.4.10

hairs

as many of you might know; I have a problem. it's called: "when I can't control things in my life, I do something drastic to my hair"Usually it involves a hair color, sometimes a cut.
to see some of the changes I made in the last few years, click here!

anyway. a few days ago, I had a sudden impulse to chop off my hair. I was ansty, I wasn't feeling good about myself, I was missing my family and friends and I just needed to do something to make me feel like I was in control. But I knew I would regret cutting it (i'm trying to grow it out for the next year) and so I texted a few friends, looking for support. Of course, they all said NO WAY! so I resisted the urge. Dear Alexandra told me to dye it and I decided I would suck it up and pay to get my hair professionally dyed and finally even out all of the color that I have added on over the years.

and so. a bit of money later and two and a half hours at a salon, I am now honey brown with a chocolate brown shadow box. (meaning that all of the hair underneath is dark brown and the top is honey) it feels so good to have a lighter hair color again (i never thought I would get it there) and I feel good about myself again! Yay! and now to the park to soak up some sunshine and read the hobbit.

before:



after!




1 comment:

MissHannahGrace said...

I think it looks lovely, Chelsie! I wish my hair curled like yours.