24.4.10

resolutions check in

so I need to check in on these because I know I'm not doing well on most of them and that needs to change.


1. Eat healthier/lose some weight/work out:
well. this hasn't gone too well so far. I think I put on weight last semester. But I plan on changing this by: 1. eating salads on campus for lunch 2-3 times a week. 2. swimming 1-2 times a week and 3. walking to work once a week, as long as my knee stops clicking. 
2. Follow my budget/be financially stable:
this has fluctuated during the semester, but I have been sticking to my budget/spreadsheet for the last month and it's been great. I need to work on paying off my credit card now..
3. Read a lot more. 2-3 books a month that are not required for school
well. I finished Dear John and most of Wicked. I need to get back into the swing of things by reading more.
4. Buy a Digital SLR.
I have a small Chelsie Camera fund. It's small, but it's there.
5. Three A's in the winter semester, and bring my GPA up to a 3.5 by the end of the year
only two A's this semester, but one of them was in History, so I'm okay with that.
6. Start every morning with a prayer.
I need to work on this a lot more.
7. Work on trust issues.
well, if there is anything i have improved on in the last semester, it is this one.
8. Go some place I haven't been before
Solid plans to be in Seattle May 20th!
9. Be genuine.
still a work in progress.
10. Write letters/emails frequently to my missionaries, especially Mike and Brett.
I am doing well on writing Brett! and I have written Mike, but I need to write more.
11. Floss.
yeah.
12. Take care of myself better, physically and emotionally. Know when to say when.
13. Learn to accept my flaws and understand that people who can't don't matter.

these are still being worked on.

so, at the beginning of this new spring semester, I have my work cut out for me. I think if I start with some baby steps, I'll slowly make progress. 
so, my baby steps for the next few weeks are:

  • morning prayer
  • salad for lunch twice
  • crunches every night
  • hit the pool once this week
  • write a letter to brett and mike
  • read a book a little every day.
baby steps. i'm going to make progress this semester. 

No comments: