1.2.10

Elder Ivey

"The weirdest thing that I´ve had here is this nasty drink made from platanoes. They like boil the platano and I don´t even know what else they do to the poor junk, but it is so gross! But, I smile and drink it anyway! haha. No, I haven´t had any pig skin soup or cow tongue, but I´m still inside the capital, where things are pretty normal, still. Maybe I´ll have more food stories when I leave the capital, and go into jungle Guatemala with my machete and my Book of Mormon! I can´t WAIT!!! haha!"

Elder Ivey, I miss you so much!
I love that you can brighten my day even when you are so far away.
I was thinking last night that i could really use an MK pep talk, because things have been so hard lately and really difficult and confusing and I've been feeling "holey" and scared. You always had the right thing to say even if I didn't want to hear it. I am trying hard to imagine what you would tell me now and i can almost hear you say something along the lines of: "well that's retarded. you deserve better then that." Even though you are in Central America, I love that I can still count on you to give me something to hold on to; whether it is some silly little story like the one above or some deep spiritual reference, like my letter last month.

I love you, Mike. Stay safe.

No comments: