9.6.09

Thoughts on Tuesday: Wait, it's June 2009?

watch me grow?

June 2008, Graduating:
Summer 2008:
Fall 2008:
Winter 2008:
Spring 2009:
Taken by Ms. Alexandra Seal
June 2009, A year finished with College:



Can I just say that I can not believe that it is June, 2009?
Time really does pass. 

This coming Saturday, the Pinkerton Academy Class of 2009 will be graduating. I'll be there, watching Allie and Gage and Gail and Vivi all get their diplomas. I can not believe that I was the one getting my diploma only a year ago. It really feels like yesterday that I knew nothing but my world of New England. At the same time, it feels like forever ago that I was sitting through graduation practices, eager to finish school and move on to bigger and better things. 

I can't even begin to describe how much I feel I have grown in this last year. The girl who graduated June 13th, 2008 is very different from the girl who will be attending the 2009 commencement ceremony. My eyes have been opened to so many things. I have seen so many places in the last year, including Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Nevada, California and Oregon. I have learned so much scholastically. I have made some of the best friends I could have ever asked for. People who have helped shaped me and have inspired me to change into the person I am, and into the person I want to become. From adventures in Jackson Hole, to late night Mcdonald's runs, to photo adventures, to car rides to Rough and Ready where we were infinite, to staying up late listening, talking and leaning on each other, I am overwhelmingly grateful for my friends. I do not know where I would be today if God had not placed them into my life. 

and I have learned so much about myself. I have learned to respect myself, to trust in my abilities and to stop believing in limitations. And I am continuing to learn how to find my own happiness, to focus on myself and realizing that I am my own person, and that I do not need anyone to help define who I am.  

Oh 2008 Chelsie. Isn't mind  boggling to think that a year ago, you had no clue that your friends from the West Coast even existed? And that now, in a few weeks, one of your best friends, possibly two, will be here in New Hampshire. 

It just makes me think about all of the other people who I will meet in this coming year that I do not know exist right now. I wonder what they are doing. I wonder when we will meet. I wonder what I will learn from them. I wonder what adventures we will go on.


Anyways. I've been thinking a lot about the past year, and everything that has happened. The adventures I've been on, the people I've met, the things I've learned and the opportunities I have had to grow. 

on this note, I'm excited to start work in a few weeks, for Julianna to come home so that we can have adventures, for Symone and maybe MK to come out for the 4th of July to see the East Coast, and for beach week. The last two months have been kind of slow, and painful at times, but I know things are going to start to pick up and I am ready to move forward and to move along.

These are my thoughts,
This. Is my prayer.

No comments: