11.6.09

tempos on Thursday: The Conversation

The Conversation by Motion City Soundtrack

I've just started listening to Motion City Soundtrack, even though I know they have been around for a while. This isn't your typical break-up song, none of this: I can't live without you and I can't do anything with myself because I'm sucha wreck.
 I think that is why I love it so much. 




Do you remember how we met?
Silhouetted by the lights...
You were drunk and tried to take a mental picture with your hands
I was thinking about that
And a bunch of other things
Stop looking at the floor...
I need to pour out this expansive dose of words.

I can't explain...
I need to be alone.

I know the timing isn't great
But these things, you just can't plan.
I just need a little time
So I can find myself again
'Cause I get buried underneath
All the things they think you are
And I'm too tired to pretend it doesn't hurt 
To be left out

I had a pocket full of dreams
But I gave them all to you
Now I think I want them back
So can you tell me if I'm crazy or confused?

Don't ever change
The way you are
I've never loved anyone more.



Check out a couple other songs by Motion City Soundtrack that I can't get enough of:
Hello Helicopter. 
Even if it Kills Me.
Where I Belong.


No comments: