21.2.09

Refreshed, Recharged and Ready to go.





Yesterday, Symone and I found ourselves squished in the back of a small Hyundai Accent on our way down to Provo. Even though the reason we made this last minute trip is a sucky one, it was so nice to get out of the Burg for a little while. Misao and I have become quite the home bodies this semester. We keep to ourselves much more, stay in and keep our heads buried in school work. It bothered us at first, but we've become more at peace with is now, and have accepted out laid back social life and our more school structured schedule.

But this weekend, we found ourselves back in the company of one of our favorite people and one of our best friends once again. It was a much needed break from everything we were dealing with. Everything was completely let go, and we were able to recharge and refresh ourselves with the few hours of genuine company and friendship that we have missed so dearly the last month and a half.

In the moment that we found each other among the many faces in the mall, everything disappeared and the only thing that mattered was that I was once again reunited with the two people who were my constant 24/7 companions, my best friends, my family.

Today, we drove to Layton, Utah, to pay our respects to our friend, Josh. Funerals are always hard, but this was one of the hardest ones I had to attend. My heart broke multiple times for his family, his friends and his beautiful girlfriend. I can't really describe how tangible their pain was. 

I am thankful for the realization of how precious life is. Once again, I am reminded to never take those who I love for granted; to appreciate those who have touched my life and who have taught and inspired me. I never want to let the people who I love and who mean something to me not know how I feel. 

I think for every future blog, I'm going to write a message to someone about how much they mean to me. Or something.

anyways.

Leaving Mike today was hard, but it was with the hope and promise of once again being reunited in a few weeks that made it a bit easier. It is the impending goodbye that will be hard. 

I forgot how perfect life can seem when you are with the people that you love and trust and who understand without words, and whose company in which you feel completely content. I adore Mike and Symone, and I am so thankful for their friendship.

So, I am back in the Burg and recharged and refreshed from my weekend with two of my favorite people. Time to put my head down, go back to work, and get through twenty six more days.








To Misao: Symone, you are one of the best things that has happened to me out here! I am so thankful for that random day where we decided to put pink streaks in our hair last semester. You are my long lost twin, and I couldn't have picked a better person to be my roommate. Thank you for putting up with me, my mood swings, my late night and early morning phone calls; for giving me reality checks and attitude adjustments when I need them; for caring about me, for becoming part of my family. You are one of the best friends I have ever had, and I know I can go to you for anything and everything. You have taught me unconditional love, patience and understanding. You have been a life saver to me and I can't wait for the many semesters, adventures and travels that are going to come our way. I love you!

No comments: