1.4.12

In the quiet of China

It's just me and the resident kitty, Timmy, on our floor tonight. Everyone else left for vacation yesterday, but I decided to stay at the school to save my knee, money and to finish classes. It's been a quiet day, full of naps, snacking and movies and Timmy curled up by my feet. It's comforting, having him here. The school is empty of both kids and teachers and the street lights below me glow over empty streets. China is quiet tonight and I'm nostalgic. The world continues to turn back in the States and so much is changing back there and I wonder what kind of world I'll be retiring to in a few months. But it doesnt matter. In the silence, I find myself dreaming and listing and making goals and plans. It's like I'm rediscovering myself here, and everything that I forgot, I'm beginning to remember again. And that fills the silence up with my own music and words and emotions and feelings. 

And it's a beautiful song. 

No comments: