16.4.12

the sun is soaking into my skin

I experience seasons as if they were emotions.

I was thinking about it last night as I was trying to fall asleep. My emotions towards life in general are not only affected by the weather and the time of the year; but I can only accurately describe how I am feeling by referencing it to a season. Every time I get a waft of the coming of fall, or feel the first rays of the summer sun; I feel something stir inside of me. I am moved.

It's never the same feeling twice, but it always returns to the same basic idea.

Life.

The seasons turn constantly, and life carries on and never stops for anyone or anything. But when I smell spring in the air and feel it in the warm breeze on my face, I can't help but feel alive.

And today, the sun soaked into my skin as I walked downtown to pick up some apples from the street market. And I felt alive.

No comments: