16.9.11

onions and tears

I decided I wanted to make real meals this semester. And on top of that, I decided I wanted to master the crock pot. There is just something so appealing to the thought of putting a whole bunch of ingredients in a pot in the morning, turning it on and then going to class and work and coming home eight hours later and it being ready to eat! This morning, I chopped up potatoes, onions and carrots and dumped them all in the crock pot on top of a roast, added some seasoning and turned it on low. When I come home from work, I hopefully will have a yummy pot roast ready to go!

As I was chopping up my onion today, my eyes started to sting and burn and water up. Of course, I thought, I'm chopping onions. But after I had put everything in the pot and had sat down to work on some homework, my eyes were still full of tears. It's like I needed to chop an onion to get the anxiety that's been building up to finally release. This has been an emotionally overloaded week. I'm just not sure what to do with myself anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy to be back and I know I'm needed here. But it doesn't make the overload of emotions any less.

But I know it will all calm down in a little bit. I'll get into the swing of things and the mail will come and everything will be okay. I'm in love with Rexburg.

No comments: