14.6.10

it all burns



Today, out of all days, you were not supposed to remember me.
I thought I was really moving on. I let myself curl up with him, talk to him, listen to him, be open and feel safe.
I had my doubts. I was scared, but I was happy. I was letting myself go for it. I was enjoying the moment. I let myself feel cared for

and then you remembered me today.
and now every fear and doubt and insecurity has come flooding back and I'm going to watch this burn because I can't let myself go for it anymore.

you were not supposed to remember me.
I was okay that you forgot. I was okay with that. I was finally facing forward and holding on to new things and people and I was beginning to hope.
you were not supposed to remember me today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful Chelsie! I think this is a feeling that most people can relate to but can never find the words to express. I LOVE it! :-)