2.5.10

New England Bound in 10 Days

 Today was one of those days when a few things hit me out of the blue; the kind of thing that blind sides you on some idle afternoon, tugs on your heart strings and makes you want to curl up into yourself and escape at the same time. The only thing that is keeping me together is the promise of new england air in ten days, when I'll be back within the protection of familiar roads that wind and twist and don't limit me like the same dusty back roads that keep me stuck in this small town on bad days when I just need to drive. That being said:

#10-Driving New Hampshire Roads. 


I think one of my favorite drives ever is taking the long way to Juli's house. It's about a 30 minute drive if I take Island pond rd, filled with lots of twists and turns and sharp corners. Want to experience the drive with me?

First we drive through historical down town Hampstead:


take a left at Ages and Stages:


drive past the Taylor Saw Mill overlooking Ballard Pond


go across the intersection the Clam Haven sits by:


around the duck pond off of Kendall Pond rd


and onto Chase Rd (this was taken by Juli's house after one of the big ice storms)





I know that map probably doesn't make a lot of sense to many people, but that's the route to Juli's. Those are the roads that I could drive almost blindfolded, those are the roads that I drove the most during my high school years, those are the roads where I drove my heart out, where Hamilton Therapy came into being; where late summer nights with windows rolled down and nothing but the purr of my engine and the echos of crickets became the safest place I've come to know. 

10 days until I am home, and I can drive those streets again, and lose myself in the winding roads that know more of my secrets then anyone else. 

No comments: