18.5.10

i'll see you in the morning

if there is one downside to having a pet...it's having to say goodbye...

especially when you didn't see it coming...


















Sleep well, my little mountain lion. You are loved more then you will ever know. Thank you for the laughs, the snuggles, the protection and the friendship you have never failed to provide over the last six years. I've never met a kitty who loved to be rocked like a baby, who would wait at the top of the steps for us to come home, who would get his head stuck in tissue boxes and who would perch on my shoulder like a parrot to get a better view out the window. I hope they have a lot of food where you are, and chipmunks you can actually run after and your favorite feather toy. I'm so sorry I didn't get to say goodbye properly; I'm sorry you got so sick and I'm sorry I couldn't make it better. I'm so sad you aren't going to be there waiting for me in August. I'm so sad. 

I love you, Gin. You are my boy, and the best kitty I've ever known.

Sleep well. I'll be seeing you in the morning. 

No comments: