31.12.09

oh right, resolutions

it's 53 minutes into the new year, and i need to list out my resolutions/goals to work on for the next 12 months. I've been thinking about things I've wanted to improve on over the last few days and I have quite a list. Most of these goals are a lot more...i want to say physical, but i don't think that is quite the word i am looking for. 2009 goals had a lot more to do with improving myself emotionally/as a person. Most of 2010 goals have to do with my daily life and things I want to achieve in a more tangible way...

ANYWAY! here we go:

1. Eat healthier/lose some weight/work out:
I need to do all of this to A: make my knee last longer B: try to help with hip problems and C: feel better about myself. I plan on trying to go swimming once a week and getting back into my 50 crunches before bed routine. Also. MORE VEGGIES/FRUITS THIS SEMESTER
2. Follow my budget/be financially stable:
I even made a spreadsheet yesterday outlining my income and where everything needed to
go. Now I just need to STICK TO IT and stay organized.
3. Read a lot more. 2-3 books a month that are not required for school
Reading Dear John now. in the following weeks I have lined up: Wicked, The Picture of
Dorian Grey and Brave New World.
4. Buy a Digital SLR.
My budget includes setting aside money every month for the chelsie camera fund. It may take me a long while, but i decided that it will be worth it.
5. Three A's in the winter semester, and bring my GPA up to a 3.5 by the end of the year
6. Start every morning with a prayer.
I have been really good at saying my night prayers, but morning is never a go for me
7. Work on trust issues.
Try to not clam shut with new people, but know where the line is about giving out too much information
8. Go some place I haven't been before
9. Be genuine.
For some reason, I have really wanted to work on coming across as a genuine person. I think that is because my favorite kind of people are genuine ones, but also because I want people to love me for me instead of some alteration of me that I might revert to in order to gain acceptance. This goes hand in hand with trust issues though.
10. Write letters/emails frequently to my missionaries, especially Mike and Brett.
I do not want to get caught up in my own life and let them slip away. I miss them so much.
11. Floss.
My dentist said that i need to work on this.
12. Take care of myself better, physically and emotionally. Know when to say when.
13. Learn to accept my flaws and understand that people who can't don't matter.
this is on going.

Okay. there they are. goals and resolutions for the new year.

ready.
set.
go.

bring it on.

No comments: