30.12.09

cure

She's seven and she's been fighting since she was three. She loves Bon Jovi and my little pony and Hannah Montana. and her options are running out. She's seven.

Mary has been one of my favorite little girls and one of my inspirations to keep pushing forward. I met her at the beginning of her fight and while I have found my cure (hopefully), hers hasn't been found yet. Her options are running out. Her mom posted the following on her carepage the other day:

Mary: mom, when I die, will you put all of my American Girls and their stuff at my grave? And whitey (her blankie) too? I will miss whitey.

Me: Well I think that you can have this conversation with your own kids b/c I plan to head to heaven long before you?

Mary: Ok. (pause) But what if they can't fix my cancer and I die? Pinky swear ok?


Something I struggle with constantly is watching my friends who are younger then me not have a cure. It makes me feel almost guilty for being alive and healthy and living my life while my beautiful friends are still fighting; or who have already lost the fight. They have so much to live for, and so much to give and I know that whatever happens is part of the plan, and that I need to have faith and trust that things will be okay, but still.


If I have to watch another one lose the fight...


No comments: