26.1.10

observations on a Monday Night

as i sit here in my desk chair, I realize that it's thirty-five minutes into Tuesday morning, but because I'm still awake and my day hasn't ended; I'm still calling it a Monday night.
The temperature in my room is so inconsistent these days and it's really driving me up a wall. Our heater heats up well past the comfort zone point when adjusted the slightest bit and the bitter cold Rexburg air penetrates through the smallest cracks in my window when the wind blows. I'm either roasting or freezing and I honestly cannot tell you which one I'd prefer because it varies with the day.
My apartment is filled with bursts of giggles and a few thuds. Erin filled the late evening with an intense Jam'n work out that Geoff made sure to join in on when he came over for a hello. It was really amusing; watching them punch and kick and to hear Erin's random interjections to keep herself motivated.
Evenings are always filled with the same faces these days and it's nice to have some consistency during a month where everything else seems to change so fast. I've re-kindled some friendships that I've missed dearly, while adding fuel to the flames of the ever growing fire of new friendships that have kept me going. I'm so thankful for the people out here who keep my spirits high and my soul safe and who understand the importance of taking long drives with me.
I'm trying to figure a lot of things out right now and I hate all of the unease that comes along with vague futures. Choices about where I need to go and be during Spring, about taking care of my health problems and about prioritizing my money in the correct way in order to make sure that I can: A: afford my car B: afford my trip to Oregon and C: afford the camera that I am purchasing in a few months. I've also been struggling with my insecurities and my fears and doubts; my self worth and trying to trust people again and trying to just let some things go.
And I'm trying to find a balance in the fact that my heart hurts from the brief conversation I had today over e-mail with someone whose voice has been silent for so long and the fact that my heart is glad to have his words back in my life; however brief and pointless they may be.
I'm trying to find balance between so many people in my life too. I have roommates; my big brother and his roommates; my best friend who i get to see every other weekend; my oregon family; the Locus Boys and of course that crazy old FHE brother of mine along with his roommates who I adore. On top of that, I have been floundering in staying on top of my school work and I am not getting enough sleep ever.
It's been a rough month, to say the least.
But as I sit here, slouched in my desk chair and look at my bed where the blankets whisper to me: "come, for here you will find rest for the weary soul", I can't help but know that I am where I am supposed to be. There is a reason for everything that has happened and everything that will happen. My trials are for my good; and as i look back on them, i can't help but be amazed at how much I have learned and grown from them.
and as I told Geoff tonight: I am thankful for my trials. and Geoff said in agreement: "Trials are really gifts."

bring it on life. I'm ready to learn and grow some more.
but please. I'm tired of having a sore hip. Think we could work on that one?
thank you.


No comments: