7.1.10

a few of my favorite things

This week has been weird and a little overwhelming. I've been adapting to a new schedule, new classes and new people and it's all been a little hectic. Sometimes I'm completely okay and sometimes I'm ready to melt down a little. This morning was one of those "melt down" kind of mornings.

As I was walking to my car today after class in the -10 degree weather here in Rexburg, I was thinking about how bitter I was that it was so cold and how my tummy hurt a little and how I just didn't want to go to work. and then I ran into Geoff, who gave me a great big smile and hug before continuing on to his class and I thought to myself, "I'm so blessed to have such great friends here."

and as I continued to my car, my mood seriously lightened, I started thinking about all of the little moments from the last few days that have keep me going.

saying grace over McDonald's. firesides. new roommates who have an excellent sense of sarcasm. really hot showers. taking classes with Jillise. building snow caves. reuniting with friends. wedding planning. winco. hilarious "unmentionable" talks with roommates. new dvd players. knee rubs. applebees and football. brothers. running into someone on campus who is genuinely happy to see me. sitting next to someone in complete silence but feeling totally comfortable and safe. goodnight text messages from people far away. feeling safe enough to cry in front of someone. pretending to be Kyle's wife to get his account information. The Cazz Remedy. throwing darts. guys agreeing to watch classic disney movies with us. new notebooks. Erin's dreams about Kevin and then telling Kevin about said dreams. Random visits from good friends. feeling loved.

this semester is going to be okay. I finally have a good grasp on this whole school thing, and I have a job that I am good at and have friends at and allows me to pay for my car. I have amazing roommates and I have a few close friends who will provide me the comfort, protection, fun, adventures and most importantly, love that I will need to get through the next three months, especially since there are some hard trials that I know are coming along.

my life is beautiful and I am so thankful for the second chance I have to be here, in this freezing cold little Idaho town, with all of these amazing people.


No comments: