14.11.09

time for myself.

Saturday for mySelf=success.

Gosh, I should do this more often.
I know I have been busy the last few weeks. Adjusting to a new job and work schedule, trying to keep up with 16 credits, church activities and spending time with my friends has definitely kept me on the go. It's been a lot on my plate and I have been really overwhelmed with all my constant "on the go" schedule; I haven't even found the time to call some people who I've been promising phone calls to. ugh. talk about exhausting.

I realized last night that I need to take time for myself more often.
A few hours to take time and step back from everything and just relax and do something for myself.
And this is something that I've never really done before, but finally am grasping the concept of. taking time for myself isn't a bad thing. Taking care of myself, emotionally and physically is something that is good and healthy and needed.

so today, I curled up with a blanket, a book that i WANTED to read and didn't NEED to read for class, a cup of hot cocoa and some corn bread and spent a few hours doing something that I haven't done in months: reading!


I also went shopping this morning with my roommates. i love winco, stalking up on yummy foods and being inspired to cook real meals. Maybe it's nostalgia that has been getting to me; Julianna and I have been talking about our adventures from a few years ago frequently. Anyways. I've been craving my mom's homemade beef stew. and so today, I took the time to make it.


mmmm, yummy. my apartment smelled so delicious too, just like my home back in New Hampshire on a cold late fall day. Perfect way to end my saturday.

A book, a blanket and a little piece of home.


No comments: