27.1.11

I'm doing my best

Falling asleep without you for just the third night in the row and I find myself praying hard and my hands tremble and my pillow is drenched in tears and smudged black mascara as I ask and hope for one more night, for one more moment, for one more second in your arms in Narnia.
and the quiet pulse of acoustic guitar seeps from your speakers propped on my desk, and the words of one of our favorite songs from your mix cd fill my room and you surround me everywhere here in this lonely little town in every way possible. And I feel your smile in every corner of every street and i miss your laugh at every table in the cafeteria and I see your back to me as you ride your bike down the hill and i feel the wind in my hair as i stretched my arms out on the back of a motor bike as we coasted down our favorite road and you screamed at the top of your lungs that you loved me more then anything and you are everywhere, you are everywhere, you are everywhere, down to the chipped blue nail polish on my toes and i miss you and i miss you and i miss you.

But I'm doing my best. I am doing my best and through a telescope lens, I'll see you soon.

No comments: