5.8.12

in recap

I feel like I hit the ground, running, ever since I've been back in Rexburg. I've been working non-stop at the alumni office and it's good to be back in the swing of things. I spend a ton of time with the girls I work with, which is equally nice, because they are the only people (besides Symone and Trish) that I know in Rexburg right now.

I got my hair done yesterday in a final attempt to fix the damage that the Chinese did to it while abroad. I love it. And, to top it off, I got the sweetest note in the mail from Dustin and I got to hug my favorite Puerto Rican grandma. Camie came over later and Melissa joined us for watching really sappy love movies late into the night. Welcome to a quiet life in Rexburg during the seven week break.


Not only did I get to take a nap today, but I got to catch up with Juli and Brett and my Mom, have homemade Pizza Bread with Symone and Ryan, read some Jane Eyre and then video chat with Joe, my cute third grader from my homeroom!

I miss my students every day; and it drives me nuts at times to not know what they are doing. It was so awesome to have a piece of China and the love that I felt from my kids during my funny conversation with Joe. His English has gotten rusty from being on summer break, but he showed me pictures of his family and his grandparents and proceeded to tell me that it wasn't bed time and show me how bright it was outside in China. I had to explain to him that it was night time in America (and only got the point across with a translator). Regardless, it was wonderful to chat with him and to feel like I can still keep in touch with my kids. I love them. 


Tomorrow is pot luck monday at work (hawaiian haystacks). Symone and I are going to work out. I'm going to read and put a letter in the mail.

Life is good here. 


No comments: