28.7.12

Random Rambles

Rexburg is a college town, and when that college is on a summer break, Rexburg is empty. Parking is easy to come by, roads are easy to navigate and the line at Costa Vida takes 5 minutes, tops. The town quiets down, minus the constant sounds of hammers and drills at the various construction sites around campus.

I'm in a new apartment complex and have new roommates. New photos hang on my wall, my student's cute faces beaming at me. They remind me of the person who I became while I was in China and the person I want to be. I think about them often; wonder how they are and what trouble they are making. I miss them.

My hair is practically unmanageable these days because it's getting so long. I don't even know how to style it anymore. But I love it. It's a physical, tangible reminder that my past is my past and that I have nothing but a bright and shiny future ahead of me. I am cancer free.

I did almost nothing worth while today. I mailed a package to Dustin, cleaned out my car and took it through the car wash (which didn't do anything to the bug guts splattered across the front). I started to watch the olympics, but then I fell asleep and dreamed about walking in the streets of China hand in hand with my best friend. And I know where my heart lies.


No comments: