17.11.10

name them one by one

In the sprit of the holiday and i the need for me to have my own reality check, as I took the long way home from the parking lot of Alpine to the front door of The Pines. My mood considerably changed while I listed off some of the simplest things that make me happy. When it comes down to it, there is no way to deny how beautiful and blessed my life is.

I am thankful for Cazz, and for the fact that he heats up really fast in the winter cold and for roommates who let me vent when I need to and who offer good advice and for home teachers who actually come to home teach and who give me blessings of comfort.
I am thankful for letters from friends in the mission field who somehow say exactly what I need them to say, and make me laugh and realize that I am never alone.
I am thankful for tie-dye slippers and for two legs and two feet to wear my slippers on.
I am thankful for tissues to blow my stuffy nose.
I am thankful for traveling and for bosses who give me work off so I can travel.
I am thankful for music and for ipod adapters to play my music through.
I am thankful for TGIF gift cards and people who share them with me and for photo booths in the mall and for my blue bow that gave me a beautiful friendship..
I am thankful for clean laundry.
I am thankful for knots in my hair to brush out and for fingers to do dishes with, to hold hands with, to cut hair with.
I am grateful for my trials, and for the things i learn from them and the person i've grown into because of them. I've had the opportunity to really evaluate my life over the last few days and see how certain trials had a huge part in putting me here, with certain people and in a certain place and I am so grateful.

and with that knowledge, I have to remember that someone knows what he is doing and I just have to trust him.

my life is beautiful.

No comments: