4.11.12

Wellness Project

This semester has been insane and I'm exhausted every moment of every day. Sometimes, it's all I can do to not come home and slumber for a few hours...in fact, every day for the last two weeks, I have taken at least a two hour nap. I'm just so tired. And I realize that I'm not utilizing my time as well as I should be; being tired is only a product of me not living as healthy as I should be and my grades, while okay, are not as high as they should be. I am capable of better.

I know of several bloggers in my little community who have embarked on wellness projects; a break down of small, weekly goals to work on achieving in order to improve their overall wellness. And so I did some research of my own; figured out some areas that I want to improve on and I'm going to embark on my own weekly wellness project. I hope that I can develop some better habits; break some bad ones and just be happier! And I figured that if I blog about it, I'll hold myself accountable for it.

This is how I'm going to break it down. If anyone wants to join me; feel free! I would love to compare experiences!

Week One: Hydrate
Drink more water. Eliminate sugary drinks.

Week Two: Rest
Wind down early. Bed by ten thirty and awake at 6:30. 
Do not take naps over a half an hour!

Week Three: Eliminate Excess
Only eat home cooked meals, and include three veggies a day.
Do not go out to eat!

Week Four: Unplug
Take a facebook fast and leave the cell phone in the backpack/at home when not needed. 

Week Five: Move
Try a new form of exercise. Go to the gym three times this week! Stretch every night before bed.

Week Six: Love your Skin
Remove make up every night and treat face to a mask.

Week Seven: Revitalize
Find 20 Minutes every day for myself. Read a book in a bath or play guitar.

Week Eight: Create
Find a project to craft. Let your creative juices flow.

Week Nine: Spiritualize
Reconnect with God. Make time for him, his Prophets and his counsel. 

Week Ten: Order
Organize my space and my planner.

Week Eleven: Nourish
Find something else that fills me up other than food.

Week Twelve: Converse
Make an effort to have quality conversations with those I love.






No comments: